Security and privacy are a huge concern for every business, and a big part of that is having a document management plan in place. This means that any information related to a company and its customers needs to be protected, not just in storage, but also in destruction. Once you have established a document management plan, the next step is selecting the right shredding company that will fit the needs of your business. However, with so many shredding companies to choose from in the Indianapolis area, it can be hard to know which one to trust. That is why Shred Monkey has set itself apart with a certification from the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID).
What Is NAID?Developed by information security professionals and recognized by thousands of private and governmental organizations around the world, NAID set the standards for the information destruction industry. Their mission is to promote the information destruction industry, and the standards and ethics of its member companies. They’re also responsible for maintaining and monitoring the NAID Certification, which helps define which member companies have taken the proper steps to ensure your documents and records are destroyed properly and securely.
What Standards Are Held?
A NAID Certification verifies the qualifications of certified information destruction providers, such as shredding companies, through a comprehensive scheduled and unannounced audit program. The unannounced audit program provides a powerful motivator for ongoing compliance. It ensures that certified companies operate knowing they may receive an unannounced audit on any day, at any time. Here are just a few items included in the criteria that a shredding company has to meet to achieve the NAID-Certification:
- Conduct background investigations prior to hiring employees
- Require new employees to sign confidentiality agreements
- Drug screening must be conducted at the time of hiring and at random
- Transport customer materials properly during the time from customer custody to destruction vehicle, to prevent any breaches of information.
- Require employees to wear uniforms and picture ID badge
- Ensure all customer materials remain secured and in the control and custody of the NAID member agent until destroyed by shredding equipment
- Conduct comprehensive, third-party background checks on owners and officers of companies
When it comes to your company’s data security and the safety of your personal information, there’s no question—you’ve got to hire a shredding company certified in the highest level of security standards. Contact Shred Monkey today at (317) 916-1800 to learn more about our NAID Certification and to schedule service. We provide recurring document shredding, hard drive destruction, drop-off shredding, and more, to businesses in Indianapolis, Anderson, Lafayette, and the surrounding areas.